You may be wondering: Why am I receiving Library Worklife in my email? How much does it cost? These questions and more are answered here:
Library Worklife: HR E-News for Today’s Leaders is a publication of the ALA-Allied Professional Association.
- Library Worklife replaces Library Personnel News (LPN), published the the ALA Office of Human Resource Development and Recruitment. LPN ceased publication in December 2003.
- Topics covered include pay equity, HR issues, career advancement, certification, and the work/life balance for all library workers
- It is issued the second Tuesday of each month via email.
- It is available on the ALA-APA Web site at www.ala-apa.org
- All ALA members who have indicated that ALA may send information to them via email and organizational members who have a contact email on file with ALA Customer Service received Library Worklife until June 2004, issue 6.
- Subscriptions are being taken and information is available on the ALA-APA Web site and in advertisements in other library-related publications, like American Libraries.
- Subscriptions are $35 for individual ALA members and $60 for individual non-ALA members. Organizational members will continue to receive Library Worklife as a benefit of membership, if an organizational contact email has been given to ALA Customer Service at (email@example.com, or 800-545-2433, ext. 5)
- Articles are being accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org. The call for submissions of articles is available here: www.ala-apa.org/newsletter/?page_id=59
- All questions can be directed to Jenifer Grady, 312-280-2424 or 800-545-2433, ext. 2424 or email@example.com