Write now, right now for Library Worklife
We need interesting people (to Spotlight), programs, and ideas to feature in Library Worklife. Distributed monthly by the American Library Association-Allied Professional Association (ALA-APA), Library Worklife: HR E-News for Today’s Leaders covers issues that are important to all library employees, including work/life balance, salaries and benefits, career advancement, and training.
Writing for Library Worklife is easy! Just submit an article that’s 200 to 1,200 words long. (This blurb is about 300 words – piece of cake!) Articles longer than 1,200 words may be accepted by arrangement with the editor.
Articles can be written in almost any style, from humorous pieces to research. We also accept editorials, individual profiles, excerpts from speeches, and reviews of human resources-related publications. Having your article published in Library Worklife is a great way to boost your résumé AND share your innovative ideas with thousands of other ALA members.
The possible topics are endless. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- “I did this fabulous thing for my staff”
- In honor of National Library Workers Day in April, I want to tell you about this staff member…
- “No one ever told me my job would include…”
- I have a second job because…
- How continuing education has paid off for you
- I raised money to get my staff a raise by…
- Ways to motivate employees and improve morale
- How your library is doing more with less
- People and programs that are making a positive impact on libraries
- Ways to increase diversity in the workplace
- Tips for dealing with difficult people and challenging situations
- How to provide training on a shoestring budget
- Ways to reduce stress
- Examples of outstanding mentoring
- How technology has changed your job
- Innovative perks that libraries offer to employees (massages? work-out facilities?)
- Ways to improve teamwork
We’d love to hear about your experiences, successes, and challenges at work. For details on how to submit articles to Library Worklife, visit http://ala-apa.org/newsletter/call-for-submissions or email the editor, Jenifer Grady, at email@example.com.
We would love to have your feedback on this article(s)!
Posted in Spotlight |
50 E. Huron St.
Chicago, IL 60611-2795
Toll Free TDD: