If you are coming to the ALA Annual Conference in Las Vegas, be sure and join us for the certification update on Sunday, June 29th, 8:30 – 10:00am in the Las Vegas Convention Center, Room N252. Both LSSC and the Certified Public Library Administrator (CPLA) Program will have information about the programs and current changes. We invite current and potential candidates, graduates of both programs, current educational providers of courses for candidates, and employers, trustees, and anyone interested in finding out about ALA certification programs. Personal stories and experiences are welcome and all questions will be answered (we hope).
Besides the ALA Annual Conference, the LSSC Program will also have a representative at the On the Front Lines Conference in Springfield, IL in August and at the Association of Bookmobile and Outreach Services Conference in San Diego, CA in October.
2013, April 24 – LSSC – An Introduction (YouTube archived webinar)
- An hour long recording of a past webinar introducing and explaining the LSSC Program. The presentation discusses the value of this certification to Library Support Staff, employers, and library users as well as how to apply to the program and the processes for successfully completing it.
2013, April 30 – Using LiveText Successfully (YouTube archived webinar)
- LiveText is the online space that candidates will interact with as they work towards certification. This is a recording of an hour-long webinar which explains how to navigate LiveText successfully. The presentation discusses the different areas of the website as well as how to upload and access documents.
2013, April 29 – Preparing a Portfolio (YouTube archived webinar)
- Many LSSC candidates want to prepare portfolios to meet LSSC requirements. This is a recording of an hour-long webinar which explains what the LSSC Program requires in a portfolio. The presentation also gives you the chance to see examples of successful submissions and learn how your portfolio will be evaluated.
2012, December 13 – Welcome New Candidates (WEBINAR – wmv, Windows Media file)
- This is a recording of an hour-long webinar which explains what to do as a new candidate in the LSSC Program. The webinar discusses how to navigate the program as you work towards Certification as well as the various ways in which you can complete the necessary competency sets.
2013, April 25 – Conversations with Graduates (YouTube archived webinar)
2013, June 18 – Conversations with Graduates (Adobe Connect webinar recording)
- These are two separate recordings of hour-long informational webinars which features two different LSSC Graduates in each session. The Graduates offer their opinions on the program as well as comments on their experience working towards becoming Certified Library Support Staff.
Presentations (MS PowerPoint)
- 2013, April 24 – Introduction to the LSSC Program (ppt, 1.78MB)
- 2012, December 19 – How to use LiveText (ppt, 4.74MB)
- 2012, December 11 – Preparing a Portfolio for the LSSC Program (ppt, 1MB)
The LSSC Program staff are happy to make presentations about LSSC in person or through a webinar. Staff can also conduct training on developing portfolios. There is no charge for LSSC staff to provide programs in person or online, however, the LSSC budget does not include funding for travel and per diem. To schedule a presentation by an LSSC staff person, call LSSC at (800) 545-2433 x2424, or email email@example.com.