Top Ways to Get Involved with the ALA-Allied Professional Association
- Volunteer for one of ALA-APA’s committees: (Salaries & Status of Library Workers, Certification)
- Stay current on issues effecting the library workforce by reading: Library Worklife: HR E-News for Today’s Leaders or write for Library Worklife.
- Download the Advocating for Better Salaries and Pay Equity Toolkit and find ways to use it in your library to improve salaries.
- Donate to ALA-APA. ALA-APA has no members and depends on your contributions.
- Celebrate National Library Workers Day—the Tuesday of National Library Week.
- Subscribe to either the MoneyTalks or Union electronic discussion lists.
- Attend ALA-APA meetings and programs at ALA Midwinter and Annual Conferences.
- Learn the facts and initiate discussions about improving salaries, pay equity, and certification with your colleagues, managers, trustees, and others.
- Spread the word!