Welcome to the ALA Allied Professional Association (ALA-APA) site. ALA-APA is a nonprofit professional organization established “to promote the mutual professional interests of librarians and other library workers.” To that end, the ALA-APA is focused on two broad areas:
- Certification of individuals in specializations beyond the initial professional degree.
- Direct support of comparable worth and pay equity initiatives, and other activities designed to improve the salaries and status of librarians and other library workers.
The ALA-APA is a companion organization to the American Library Association (ALA), an educational association established in 1876 to “promote library service and librarianship.”
News and Events …………..
- Tickets on sale for the 2014 Networking Reception
Mark your calendars for the next celebration of National Library Workers Day on Tuesday, April 15, 2014!
- Wear Red on Equal Pay Day: Tuesday, April 8, 2014!
- Library Worklife is seeking a few good writers.